Wednesday, December 2, 2009

God's Comforting Presence

Today, over my lunch hour, I went to Mass to pray for my Dad's soul (today is the third anniversary of his passing). It just so happened that today's readings were particularly comforting for those who might be thinking of loved ones who have passed on. It was one of those times when I could really sense God's comforting presence throughout the liturgy. At the end of Mass, I silently spoke to Dad, in my heart, and believed he was listening. As I walked back to my office afterwards, the sun was shining very, very brightly and I felt my spirits lifting way up!

Tomorrow I start a new position at the University. Thanks for your prayers, Dad!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace!

And so you got the new job! Congratulations!

I just got the unlimited long distance thing...woo hoo! I want to call you and try it out :) but I have a sore throat today and am sick in bed :( so I can't talk. Bummer.

Till soon!

AB

Belloc said...

Sorry to hear you're not well... :(
Looking forward to catching up, once you're better! :)

Carole said...

Tina, my goodness has it been three years already? Hard to believe. I must write you a note, okay, I'll write it here. I just moved into a new flat that is part of a complex owned by some nuns. One of the nuns looks very much like you, she is from Chenai. Made me think of you. Hope you are well.