Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jazz Vespers


This evening, M. and I attended Jazz Vespers at an Anglican church. I'd never been to something like this before and I was looking forward to it as I like evening prayer, and I enjoy light jazz. I was hoping that the combination of the two would be pleasant, relaxing and conducive to meditation. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed.

The service combined candlelight, prayer, reflection, hymn-singing and the smooth sounds of the Robi Botos Trio, all in the lovely setting of a traditional-looking Anglican church (stone building, stained-glass windows, central altar, wooden pews, etc.). The overall experience of being in this setting, hearing this music, and praying with everyone was enjoyable for me - I'd be happy to attend another session of Jazz Vespers when they resume in September.

1 comment:

Stratoz said...

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Jazz vespers come in different shapes and sizes.