Saturday, November 22, 2008

And there was Light!

No, that's not a UFO from a B-movie - it's the new light fixture for our kitchen ceiling. The ballast for the fluorescent light had conked out about a week ago, and we decided to get some new circular track lighting instead of just replacing the ballast.

The salesman at one of the lighting stores we went to convinced me that I would be capable of installing the light fixture myself, and that calling an electrician in would be an unnecessary expense.

I'm happy to report that I was successful in installing the new lights - no one was electrocuted in the process and, thus far, the condo hasn't burnt down because of my wiring efforts. Please pray that this continues to be the case...

No comments: