Monday, April 7, 2008

Current Personal Projects


Anyone who really knows me, knows I have a slight...uh...problem with managing my anger. Not long ago, I saw Dr. Ronda Chervin on television talking about how she's addressed this difficulty in her own life. I'm going to try and find her CD series called "Taming the Lion Within - Five Steps from Anger to Peace" - it couldn't hurt.

I was also thrilled to see that the Kelly Library of the University of Toronto (St. Michael's College) is home of the Henri J.M. Nouwen Archives and Research Collection!!! I've left them a message seeking permission to start researching these materials. I love Nouwen's writings and reflections! I especially want to read the book "Spiritual Direction - Wisdom for the Long Walk of Faith ", a compilation of Nouwen's thoughts and advice on the topic. It's presented in the first person (Nouwen's voice), but was prepared by Michael Christensen and Rebecca Laird, two of his students.

As the Publishers Weekly review (June 2006) says, "It's a little jarring to see a new book from an author who's been dead for 10 years. Yet these clearly are the words and teachings of Nouwen, prepared by two people close to him when he was alive."

No comments: