Thursday, April 10, 2008

One of Those God Things


Today I went to the Kelly Library to see the Henri Nouwen archives. I'd spoken to the archivist on the phone a couple of times and she knew the book I was most interested in taking a look at was "Spiritual Direction: Wisdom for the Long Walk of Faith". I'd first seen that book in a store about a week ago, but I hesitated to buy it because it was more than I can currently afford. Then I learned about the archives being downtown and thought - ok, I'll go down to the library and read it there. Lo and behold, the archivist had a few extra copies of that particular book left over from a promotional event and she generously gave me one to keep! I was SOOOO grateful! That was definitely a God thing. Thank you God and Fr. Nouwen and Anna, the generous archivist!

No comments: