Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Last Things


I'm currently working on my FINAL paper for the final course of my graduate degree. Please God, help me to get through it - I've been working on this program part-time for the last 12 years!! Appropriately, the topic of the paper is The Last Things; i.e., Death, Judgement, Heaven & Hell.

I find myself wondering a lot about what heaven will be like; how will it be experienced? The thought of perfect and eternal peace and joy is beyond my imagination but, boy, do I desire it! I know what I would like heaven to be like, but I also believe quite happily that it will be infinitely better than anything I could ever imagine.

When I think about heaven, I think about happy times with friends and family, beautiful landscapes & skyscapes, soaring through space, cozy settings, warm beverages, good food, endless adventures & engaging activities, continual learning, music, laughter, closeness to others & central to all of this, an ever deepening relationship with God; knowing Him like I've never known Him before - and I think that heaven might be a little like all this, but much, much, much, much more; it will continue to be exponentially more for all eternity. Wow...

Anyone read The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis?

No comments: