Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Victoria Day!


It's been a lovely long weekend! On Saturday, I visited an old school friend after 14 years and met her husband and 5 year-old son - what a cutey her son is! We went for a long walk together and caught up. Her sister made us a delicious Vietnamese-Thai dinner, and I will soon return the favour with some Indian food, since that's what they also like.

On Sunday, my Mom and I met an old friend of the family - I hadn't seen her in 15 years and Mom hadn't seen her in 9 years! We remembered a lot of things from days gone by, especially some of the crazy-funny things my Dad used to do. We'll be getting together again soon and I'm looking forward to that.

Today I took care of some errands, but mostly I just relaxed and spent some time with my Nana. Back to work tomorrow - oh well...

I suppose I should write something specifically about Victoria Day - but I'll just leave it to Mr. Mark Steyn instead. :)

No comments: