Friday, January 2, 2009

It's that time of the year...

...when I suck it up and publicly proclaim my New Year's resolutions. I figure that declaring my commitments where anyone in the world can read them will prompt me to actually follow through on my word!

Last year, I achieved two of my previous three New Year's goals: I paid off my credit card and I completed my Master's (thank God!). I did not however consistently stick to any kind of diet and exercise plan, except for occasional bouts of low-carbing it. Fortunately, Mom says I don't presently look overweight and Mom is quite honest with me about such things - she once told me that I'd gone from looking as anorexic as Karen Carpenter to looking like I'd swallowed Karen Carpenter, may her [Karen's] soul rest in peace...

At any rate, here are my resolutions for 2009:
- to take good care of my Mom and Nana
- to save a particular amount of money (Mom knows the actual amount I'm aiming for)
- to get rid of as much clutter as possible
- to take a course in public speaking

I also have some spiritual goals, but I'll keep those between me and God for now. I'll probably be writing about them from time to time throughout the year...

No comments: